This is a delicious and balanced breakfast to help you practice healthy portions using different ingredients. Wholegrain high-fibre oats for energising carbohydrates, green apple and a little apple juice to make up the serve of fruit, and the yoghurt and pepita seeds make up the serve of protein. Use Free Food berries and spices to top up the meal. This meal can be made in advance overnight in a bowl or jar for a quick on-the-go breakfast fix. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ green apple, grated
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice
- ½ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp pepita seeds*
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries), plus extra, to serve
- Ground cinnamon, to serve
- Combine oats and grated apple in a serving bowl or mason jar.
- Stir in apple juice, yoghurt and berries.
- Serve sprinkled with pepitas, extra Free Food berries and cinnamon.
- Swap the pepita seeds for an equal amount of dry roasted almonds, walnuts or sesame seeds for a change.
- Swap the grated apple for an equal amount of other seasonal fruit.
Looking for more healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Click here!