Slurp up this delicious oriental Free Foods recipe for your next snack or main meal side, from our new ‘Free Vegetables’Recipe Booklet. It’s packed with bright greens, moreish mushrooms and konjac noodles for antioxidants and fibre to keep you satisfied and nourished. Learn more about them in the Meet a New Ingredient section. Enjoy!
- 2 tsp rice bran or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 100g fresh oyster mushrooms*, thinly sliced
- 3 bok choy, trimmed into leaves and stems
- 3 baby pak choy, trimmed into leaves and stems
- 4 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup konjac noodles*, drained
- Black pepper and chilli flakes, optional, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan over high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 3 mins or until golden.
- Add stems of bok choy and baby pak choy; stir fry for 2 mins. Add leaves and cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat and stir in soy sauce.
- Rinse konjac noodles under warm or hot water and drain. Toss noodles through stir fried vegetables. Season with pepper and chilli, if using.
Looking for more healthy recipes to add to your repertoire? Click here.