This month, we’re focusing on an easy, quick recipe that tastes great and will warm you as we head into winter.
Time Required: Approx. 20 minutes Serves: 4 people
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 sprigs coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 lime
- 1 Can Black Beans or Kidney Beans (drain liquid, rinse with water)
- 1/2 red capsicum (remove seeds, cut into small cubes)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 4 large wholemeal tortillas
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the coriander and the juice of half the lime to the bowl and mix through. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- Mix the beans, capsicum, onions, and cheese together in a separate bowl.
- Warm a frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil. Add one of the tortillas.
- Evenly spread the bean mixture over half the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the tortilla with a spatula d cook for another 2 – 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cook the remaining quesadillas as above. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Serve the quesadillas with guacamole and lime wedges. Include a half plate of free foods veggies or salads that you love.